Monday, July 29, 2013

Combo Post

Another make-up round for Blog It July

Day #27 (Are you a city person or a country person?) is pretty obvious for me. I'm definitely a city person.
I have always known this, but sometimes people have doubted me on it. Probably because I live in the Midwest (but not Chicago), and people in other parts of the US (basically the coasts) often forget about all the great non-coastal (non-Chicago) cities in this nation. In my first week of college, a guy in my dorm who knew  nothing about me other than my home state asked me, "So what's it like to live in the country?" I replied, "I have absolutely no idea."
When I lived in Buenos Aires, I found that I truly did love living in a big city, in addition to the somewhat smaller cities I'd already experienced. I love the hustle and bustle, and I love the proximity of some many fascinating experiences, places, people, etc. I particularly love the way every city seems to have it's own flavor and personality.

That said, I very much enjoy spending time in the country. Small towns and outer-ring suburbs are the places where I feel least comfortable. I know there are people who love the 'burbs, but they make me feel dull and isolated.

Day #28
A picture of yourself looking really happy.
With two of my best friends on my 21st birthday. It's goofy, but I have always loved this photo.
Day #29
Write a poem.

Blah. Really? Why? I've never liked writing poems. I always feel like I'm just making shit up. But here's what I've got at the moment, anyway.


Tomorrow is the
Greener side,
On which my musings often hide.
It is the day that never comes,
The time that's never now.
I wish that I could see it, but
I simply don't know how.


No comments:

Post a Comment