Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Money Can't Buy Happiness... But I Suspect It Doesn't Hurt, Either

Blog It July Day #16
If money was no object, what would you do with your life?

TRAVEL. If money was no object, I would travel. A lot. One of my life goals is to visit every continent at least once. (So far I've been to three, though I will visit my fourth soon.) If I could afford it, I would blow that goal out of the water. I would particularly like to see the Northern Lights. And I would visit Buenos Aires regularly. Sometimes I miss it so much.

I would also open a 24-hour coffee shop/bookstore and hire someone else to manage it. Then I could just hang out, reading, chatting with friends, and drinking really good coffee all day. (When I wasn't off visiting some exotic locale, of course.) Heaven!

And I would be a stay-at-home mom for a while, when that time comes. Because my mom stayed home with me when I was young, and I know I'm really lucky she was able to do that.

Another thing I would like to do is open a nonprofit that provided free water safety and swimming instruction to at-risk populations.

Also, I would live in a beautiful house.

Maybe I will be able to do some of these things in my life. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. I would totally visit your coffee shop. Would it be in Buenos Aires?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmm.... good question. I think not, because Buenos Aires already has so many amzaing cafes. Or maybe I would open one there and one in the US. Oh, the possibilities!

      Delete