Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I'm Reading

Blog It July Day #17
What was the last book you read? Tell us about it.

Hmmmm.... Bad timing on this one, because the last book I finished was The Mystery of the Brass-Bound Trunk (Nancy Drew #17). It was a pretty good one. Nancy is on a cruise of sorts, traveling from Holland to New York, and of course she stumbles into a mystery. It was high stakes this time - diamond jewelry, government documents, sign language, and an accidental swim in the Atlantic are all involved.

The book I'm currently reading is more interesting. It's a new YA fantasy novel called Far Far Away written by Tom McNeal. I'm only about 100 pages in, but so far I really like it. This is the first paragraph:

"What follows is the strange and fateful tale of a boy, a girl, and a ghost. The boy possessed uncommon qualities, the girl was winsome and daring, and the ancient ghost... well, let it only be said that his intentions were good."

Based on what I've read, it's about a boy named Jeremy who has the unusual ability to hear ghosts. The ghost in question is Jacob Grimm, who is trying to protect Jermey from a mysterious figure known only as the Finder of Occassions. There's more to it, of course, and a nice little murmur of romance lingering in the distance. I'm planning to review it on my other blog, Harry, Lucy, Laura & Me. Keep your eyes open. :)

The next books on my list are both upon request. My brother has asked me to read Michael Chabon's Gentlemen of the Road, and two different friends have been begging me to finally get on the bandwagon and read Divergent (by Veronica Roth).

No comments:

Post a Comment